The Magical Press Kit
USA Today (Group Tour of Spain & Portugal Wine Country With Food, Scenic Tours of the Gems of Europe) & Rick Steves Spain Travel Book.
As well as providing local, regional and cultural information to MTV, Frommers, Spain Rough Guide, PBS Radio and El Pais Madrid.
Company History & Timeline
- 1998 MagicalSpain’s Dan O’Beirne, bored stiff working a teacher in Madrid, leads a few gourmet tapas tours and Madrid area day trips and leads tours for American-based Camino tours from Seattle Washington in northern Spain & Portugal.
- 2000 Dan moves south to Seville, Spain to develop new contacts and tours while continuing to collaborate with other companies.
- 2001- 2002 private tours are offered to other American companies and direct for cultural adventure travel in Andalucia.
- 2003 Ferran adrià, Spain’s top chef, makes the cover of new york times magazine. This helps boost Spain’s image as a foodie destination. More Michelin stars arrive at Spanish restaurants albeit slower than many would like.
- 2004 first scheduled tours “secrets of Andalucia” are offered to clients from USA business partner Richard Harris moves to Madrid with a focus on central Spain, Barcelona, and the Basque country.
- 2004 Magical Spain expands into Portugal, Extremadura, and Mallorca.
- 2005-06 we get requests for unique luxury adventures with helicopters, hot air ballooning, private kite surf classes, high-end sports cars, Mediterranean yachts, and 007 spy adventures
- 2007 more requests for 5-star luxury hotels and historic boutique hotels + the Rioja and Ribera del Duero wine regions.
- 2008 we see more demand for cooking classes and foodie experiences from American clients.
- 2008 Magical Spain blog is created
- 2009 the company goes more upscale and dropped most scheduled tours to focus on private custom cultural adventures.
- 2008 Magical Spain youtube video channel is created… the first video is terrible 🙂
- 2011 Magical Spain creates a number of new custom food, wine, and cultural adventures for a car collectors group from California and Arizona and foody groups from the USA
Possible Story Ideas
Here are some possible ideas for articles on Spain or Portugal with a focus on food, wine, historic sites, and upscale cultural travel:
- SPAIN: WORLD OLIVE OIL LEADER?
- FUN WAYS TO LEARN SPANISH IN SPAIN
- JAMON IBERICO DE BELLOTA (IBERICO HAM)
- TRUTH ABOUT EXTRA VIRGEN OLIVE OIL
- EL TAPEO: DISCOVER AUTHENTIC TAPAS
- BEST OF LISBON AND OPORTO
- GOURMET CHEESES OF SPAIN
- MEMORABLE CASTLES OF SPAIN
- EXTREMADURA: CASTLES, CHEESES & ROMAN HERITAGE
- TOP SPANISH WINE REGIONS OR WINEMAKERS
- SPAIN 007 ACTION ADVENTURE FOR MOGULS
- MOORISH STYLE & TAPAS IN ANDALUCIA
- MADRID & MEDIEVAL SPAIN
- FOIE GRAS AND CAVIAR FROM SPAIN
- CACERES: THE SIENNA OF SPAIN
- EMERGING WINE REGIONS OF SPAIN AND PORTUGAL
- WINERIES OF THE RIOJA REGION
- FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL TRAVEL IDEAS
- ALHAMBRA PALACE: MOORISH SECRETS TO DISCOVER
- ITALIAN STARS: WINES, GRAPPA, PASTA, TRUFFLES,
- MEDIEVAL VILLAGES AND MODERN ARCHITECTURE
- DOURO RIVER WINE VALLEY OF PORTUGAL
- SUPERSTAR CHEFS OF SPAINTOUR
- GOURMET TRAVEL IN NORTHERN SPAIN
- ESCAPE THE CROWDS BEYOND BARCELONA
- HISTORY, ARCHEOLOGY AND WINE
- FOODIE MEDITERRANEAN HONEYMOONS
- NOT YET FAMOUS WINE REGIONS OF IBERIA
- PRIORAT, MONSANT AND PENEDES
- SOMONTANO, TXAKOLI AND CAMPO DE BORJA
- ANDALUCIA CORTIJO ESTATES & HORSES
- MOST ROMANTIC PLACES IN SPAIN
- PASTRIES OF PORTUGAL
- TAPAS IN MADRID, SEVILLE AND CADIZ
Meet Your Personal Tour Planner in Spain
Hola from Spain! I’m Dan O’Beirne, founder of Magical Spain.
Originally from America, I worked in the Health and Wellness sector until my desire to travel resulted in my settling in Spain. Having fallen instantly in love with the country, cultures, and people here, I have made it my mission for the last twenty years to share this passion with our clients.
Contact Our Magical Tour Experts!
Fill in the form below & our Magical team of tour planners will be back in touch as soon as possible to help!