In talking with our customers for our private tours of Spain over the last 20 years, we see some very understandable confusion about tapas… Spanish food is much more always than tapas.
Tapas is not about the ingredients in general. It’s more about the portion size, serving style and even the type of plates used. For example, if your want to share tapas for 3+ people, we suggest una racion
- Montadito (small bit of food “mounted” on or between a small piece bread)
- Tapa (small plate / snack) – This might be a few pieces of cheese, or olives, or tortilla Española
- Media Racion (half portion) – This is more food, maybe 2 tapas but can vary.
- Racion (full portion) – This is again more food, maybe 4 tapas but can vary.
- Pintxo (food on a stick) – typical in northern Spain but found in Andalucia also.
Experience Spain’s Tapas with Experts
To experience the best of Spain’s amazing cuisine, you MUST avoid the slick tourist traps that seem authentic but are a poor imitation of the best foods and charms of Spain.
Why should you consider our private Spain & Portugal travel planning and 24/7 tour concierge service?
Unlike the internet, we care. We talk and email and often intuitively understand our upscale clients.
You Want An AMAZING Trip to Remember… But
- BUT you don’t have time to research and organize the trip yourself.
- BUT you don’t want a mediocre “cookie cutter” trip.
- BUT you detest missing out amazing experiences.
- BUT you hate the idea of packaged tours.
- BUT the idea of standing in lines or tourist traps.
- BUT you’re not sure what to believe online.
- BUT you don’t want to feel like a tourist.
Contact us today to start planning your own perfect Tapas tour at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling in the form below!